Star Trek:
Time and Again

Credits
Original Skin & Graphics: Boleyn of RPG-D
Sidebar: Dana

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Start of Morning Shift
Worf
 Posted: Oct 28 2014, 02:17 PM

Cadet
Group Icon
Group: Commander
Member No.: 14

Worf was taken off guard by these recent events. He wasn't expecting to come to the bridge to find something like this. If Worf had learned anything in his years serving, he learned that you cannot grow complacent in your position.

He listened to Bashir's words carefully, and glanced at the other members. The sense of urgency was great, and Worf was quite perturbed by these events, to say the least.

"I believe there is a great chance this is a suicide mission, Lieutenant."

Worf said in a deep yet assertive voice towards Lavelle. He backtracked and considered the words of Bashir.

"This may be a viable option considering who we're dealing with."

Worf glanced to see the reactions of the others. He realized that time was of the essence, and something needed to be done sooner rather than later.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sam Lavelle
 Posted: Oct 29 2014, 12:39 PM

Cadet
Group Icon
Group: Operations Manager USS Titan
Member No.: 18

Lavelle waited for the order from Commander Worf. He'd made suggestions. Bashir had as well. And now it was a matter of choosing one. Worf had been taken off guard. He was a great command officer and had been mentored by some of the best in Starfleet, but this particular moment seemed to be the pinnacle point of his command decisions. How much worse could it be? The captain had been kidnapped right off the bridge by a friendly "ally" they were helping in a time of need. Most of the senior staff wasn't on bridge yet-shift changes, and some still weren't. Absent was the second officer, Commander Tuvok, who Lavelle knew, knowing Vulcans, would be kicking himself in the butt for the captain being kidnapped so easily. And yet, here they sat, at a mere propulsion speed with no real intercept coordinance given yet.

"Commander?"

Lavelle waited for orders from Worf. Or even Troi at this moment. He'd follow them. It was her husband that was now gone. One didn't have to be Betazoid to know she was in a panic. He fought back every reflex just to set a course to intercept and get the captain back, but there was protocol to follow, a crew to think about.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Deanna Troi
 Posted: Oct 29 2014, 12:59 PM

Cadet
Group Icon
Group: Counselor
Member No.: 11

Deanna could finally relax, or at least as relaxed as she could with her husband missing, with Worf on the bridge and up to date with what had happened to Will. So she took a deep breath and instead forced herself to search to see if her bond with Will could tell her how he was and which ship he was on, or anything at all.

She did glance at Worf and gave a nod, telling him silently that she would agree with whatever he felt was the best to get their Captain back.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Worf
 Posted: Oct 29 2014, 05:00 PM

Cadet
Group Icon

Worf had unknowingly gotten lost in his thoughts. What an unpredictable and potentially devastating situation. This had all happened so fast, but Worf knew that he must pick up the proverbial torch. Worf wasn't uncomfortable with doing this, he was simply shocked by the unfortunate circumstances. He could tell that Deanna was upset, and rightfully so, and he did not like that thought. The rest of the crew seemed taken off guard, as well. But Worf realized that there are some situations that you simply cannot prepare for. He was ready to take action.

"First, we will need to get in closer to the lead vessel."

Worf swiftly turned his head towards Lavelle, and spoke in an authoritive tone.

"Lieutenant, I need you to fix the dampners as soon as possible, and check the reduction of pulsations afterwards to ensure proper functioning."

Worf then looked at Bashir with a confident and assertive expression on his face.

"We need to work towards forming a greater inertial dampner. We need to do this carefully, and time is certainly of the essence. I believe by doing this, we will be helping Captain Riker the best possible way... considering the circumstances at hand."

Worf looked over at Deanna and saw her nodding. He respectfully nodded back towards her and then back to the rest of the crew. "Hang in there, Captain," Worf thought to himself.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sam Lavelle
 Posted: Oct 29 2014, 06:02 PM

Cadet
Group Icon

Lavelle brought up the diagnostics as the helm brought them in closer to the lead vessel. Hopefully they were the ones that had Captain Riker aboard. As the Titan drew in closer he scanned the Romulan ship.

"The War Bird appears to have weakened shields, barely even enabled now. Their systems are fluctuating heavily due to the engineering issues. I won't be able to effectively extend or manipulate the dampners unless the shields aren't effectively up."

Lavelle turned in his chair and raised his eyebrows.

"I believe the quickest way would be to hack into their systems but I'd need a decent amount of time. One these fluctuations won't give me. But an unarmed torpedo may be enough to knock their shields out, Commander."

It was a huge risk. The shields may actually defend against the unarmed torpedo, they should anyway. But it was possible the torpedo would hit exactly as the shields fluctuated and blast the hull, definitely breaching the outer hull. Theoretically nothing enough to cause the vessel to blow up, but the state of the ship was really unknown.

"Or...we could effectively send a virus along a beam that should be able to open up there systems to us completely. We should be able to stabilize the artificial quantum singularity and beam Captain Riker back immediately."

...if they didn't destroy the vessel in the process.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Tuvok
 Posted: Oct 30 2014, 10:31 AM

Cadet
Group Icon
Group: Chief Tactical Officer
Member No.: 17

The doors to the bridge opened the next moment, and Tuvok entered. Yes, he was "kicking himself" as Worf assumed, for not being there. He had had the later shift, and had only just woken up and dressed. Now it seemed he was too late. He stood just inside the doors for a moment or two, before offering to an ensign, "Report." He would be no help if he did not know the situation.

"If their warp cores are breaching, there is nothing we can do, aside from to stay clear of the blast radius," Tuvok said loudly, and calmly. People's emotions were high; they were desperate to keep their captain alive, but the primary duty they had, right at this moment, was to keep their ship from getting sucked into the blast. They could not save Will if they perished from the explosion.

Of course, other theories were being thrown around, and Tuvok was willing to listen to them easily enough. "[b]If this is a suicide attempt, there is little that can be done to stop the three, aside from staying out of the blast radius. May I suggest we focus instead on the retreating flagship, as it likely has the captain aboard? Commander Troi has mentioned she could track it, even should it cloak.

OOC AAAAH that was a lot to read up on, I hope my response makes some sort of sense.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Worf
 Posted: Nov 1 2014, 04:14 PM

Cadet
Group Icon

Worf weighed the options, but knew immediately the right choice. With time being such a sensitive issue in his mind, they couldn't wait, and he knew this. He wanted to do what he knew Captain Riker would do for him...bring him back safely, as fast as possible.

Worf let out a sigh. He looked at Lavelle after he finished talking, and then took the words of Tuvok into account. Worf nodded his head, and looked at Lavelle.

"Infiltrate their systems with the virus. We have no time spare, Lieutenant."

Worf looked back at Tuvok.

"Suicide mission or not, we must find a way to bring the Captain back here. I do agree that the blast radius should be avoided at all costs."

Worf saw Lavelle working diligently.

"I believe Lieutenant Lavelle is doing his best to do just that."

Worf had found respect for Lavelle. The first meeting between the two on the Titan was not an enjoyable memory for either man, but a mutual respect had flourished because of it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sam Lavelle
 Posted: Nov 3 2014, 01:36 AM

Cadet
Group Icon

Lavelle nodded and began implementing Worf's orders.

"It'll take just a moment to modify this virus."

They didn't have a moment to lose, but coding the virus properly needed to happen. Otherwise it'd be a waste of time.

We are within range sir.

Spouted the helm. Lavelle felt rushed. He took a deep breath and continued. Was this what it was like carrying the weight of the entire crew on your shoulders? He envied the captain's chair often, but it also loathed the idea of taking care of not just yourself but thousands.

"Got it, commander! Sending ...now!"

With any luck the virus would send the Romulan shields into dismay and allow them to get the captain back.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Worf
 Posted: Nov 11 2014, 09:32 AM

Cadet
Group Icon

Worf's nerves had calmed just a bit, but he knew that the situation was still extremely sensitive, and time was more important than ever before. For some strange reason, Commander Worf trusted Lieutenant Lavelle. Perhaps it was the sheer gall Worf sensed radiating from Lavelle. Though their first encounter aboard the Titan was unpleasant, Worf knew that Lavelle was more than trustworthy to handle a situation like this...and that's saying something.

Worf noted the words "Sending...now!" and felt the anticipation grow. Worf knew that these things could take time, but he just could not help but feel that the timing in this situation was stringent, to say the least. A few moments had passed by with Worf's eyes focused up on the screen.

"Update, Lieutenant?"

It seemed that hours had gone by, but Worf knew his sense of time was more than likely warped by the heavy stress of the situation.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sam Lavelle
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 02:41 AM

Cadet
Group Icon

"The virus has gone through, Commander! Attempting to stabilize the dampners around the artificual singularity. We should be able to lock on to Captain Riker, sir."

Lavelle's fingers scorched the controls as they ransacked the keys. He worked as fast as possible to maintain the dampner, but attempting to fix the problem from the Titan and on the Warbird was nearly impossible. The systems did not interface well and as soon as a field was stabilized it would begin to depreciate.

"I dont know how long I can keep this up, Commander."

Any time now... Lavelle thought to himself. They were going to lose their hole to get Riker back. Not to mention the Romulans were no doubt already trying to figure out what was going on. If they fired, the Titan would have to raise shields and then they'd be blocking Riker out for good.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
William T. Riker
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 06:26 PM

Captain of the USS Titan
Group Icon
Group: Captain
Member No.: 13

//\\ The familiar glow and hum of the transporter beam returned on the bridge, exactly where Riker had been previously standing. Silence blanketed the room as his form began to re-materialize. Immediately it was apparent that while no physical harm appeared to have been done, he was quite shaken up. Skin white and eyes wide, Captain Riker braced himself for a moment and patted his chest, as if to ensure that he was there. He shook his head and pulled down his sleeve, which had been rolled to his elbow. He looked around at the expectant faces, coming back into his mind and becoming conscious of his responsibilities... //\\

"We must...we must get to the Enterprise immediately. Nevermind the Romulans out there, we've got bigger problems.

"I apologize that I can't be more forthcoming, but our mission just jumped a few levels higher in clearance. I'll let you know what I can after I've conferred with Admiral Janeway and Captain Picard.

"That's full speed ahead, Lieutenant."

//\\ Riker glanced around the room and absentmindedly pulled his shirt tight. With a foggy mind and desperate breath, he sat down on his chair and exhaled a sigh. His mind reeled with the implications of what he had learned. He didn't even want to discuss it with Deanna, who looked relieved to have him back yet worried at his obvious dismay. He turned to her and managed a weak smile, conveying that he was okay but still in shock.

Dark days lie ahead for the Federation. Darker still with every moment that passed without action... //\\

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sam Lavelle
 Posted: Nov 17 2014, 12:40 PM

Cadet
Group Icon

"Welcome home, Captain."

Lavelle said with a bit of self gratifications and a slight smile. He couldn't take all the credit although he allowed himself to feel a heft pat on the back. All part of the days job, but it sounded like the day was far from over. He continued to scan, now the entire area instead of focusing on the three Romulan vessels. For whatever reason Riker decided to leave the to their own devices and focus on something else, something of big curiosity to Lavelle now.

The scans weren't turning up anything more peculiar than normal, not for anything out of the ordinary for a super nova and created singularity.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
William T. Riker
 Posted: Nov 24 2014, 01:36 PM

Captain of the USS Titan
Group Icon
Group: Captain
Member No.: 13

//\\ Riker rubbed his arm at his elbow, feeling the burn. It was no match for the inferno of emotion and mental gymnastics he was doing over what he had learned and participated in aboard the Romulan ship. He had thought things couldn't get worse, despite his tendency not to speculate without all available information.

He needed rest. The Enterprise would be within range soon, and he wanted to be at the best he could when he revealed his findings to Picard. He glanced over at Deanna, who had a look of great concern on her face. Even without their bond, he was sure that his dismay was written all over his face. And as much as he wanted her to be available to console him, duty demanded that she take over in his absence... //\\

"Deanna...uh, Commander...I will be in my...our...quarters. You have the bridge."

//\\ He wanted to avoid at all costs visiting the medical bay. The sooner he was out of the scrutiny of his crew the better. He gave his wife a nod and forced smile of assurance. He knew she would see through it, but at least would know he had the wherewithal to acknowledge her concern.

Without a further word, he stood and straightened his shirt, looked around the bridge, then slightly bowed his head as he headed to the turbolift. Once the doors had shut, he breathed a sigh of relief, and began to contemplate how he would present his findings to Picard and what options were available to respond with... //\\

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

original skin by Boleyn of RPG-Directory