Captain's log...
Jean Luc Picard
 Posted: Oct 10 2014, 02:33 AM

Captain of the USS Enterprise
Group Icon
Group: Captain
Member No.: 15

Captain's Log - Stardate 64283.2

The Enterprise has transported Ambassador Spock and the vessel named Jellyfish to Romulan Space. The Hobus star has supernova'd earlier than anticipated. Ambassador Spock has stopped the supernova, but it would appear he has sacrificed himself in doing so.

I have reported to Starfleet command and sent all records of events and been ordered to monitor readings. I am reluctant to believe that Ambassador Spock is lost to us. We have been briefed to rendezvous with Admiral Kathryn Janeway. I feel we are losing time.

Captain Picard sat at his desk in the ready room and waited as the shift change was about to begin on the bridge. Picard's face wore a grim reluctance and he exhaled with a force that exasperated his nose and throat. He focused on the PADD in front of him, waiting-searching for some sort of news from command.

booodeeebooo The door chimed.

"Come in." He said with bass in his voice.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Beverly Crusher
 Posted: Oct 10 2014, 03:12 AM

Cadet
Group Icon
Group: Chief Medical Officer
Member No.: 5

"Captain? Is now a bad time?"

Beverly was worried about Jean Luc. The news of Spock's death would have hit him hard, as news of a colleague's death always did, and she would lay money on the fact that he had closeted himself away in his ready room, brooding and thinking through things to a degree that wasn't healthy for anyone.

She had been in the infirmary, treating a broken wrist, when the news had filtered through, and her first instinct, as his friend, had been to go to him, but she couldn't leave her patient, no matter how proficient her staff were. It wasn't ethical, and it wasn't fair.

As soon as she was able, she had handed over to her second in command, and headed right for the bridge, where her suspicions had been confirmed. A few short steps, and she pressed the chimes for his door. His voice was deep with strain and worry, and Beverly closed the door behind her, before standing in front of his desk. Who knew whether she would even be welcome?

"Jean Luc? Are you okay?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jean Luc Picard
 Posted: Oct 11 2014, 12:45 AM

Group Icon

"Beverly-" Picard stood as the Enterprise's CMO stepped into his ready room.

Picard relaxed back into his chair and motioned for Beverly to take a seat. He paused for a moment and shuffled his hands in his lap and leaned back, staring at Beverly.

"Starfleet Command has informed me that we will be ready to proceed with orders shortly in response to Ambassador Spock's disappearance. We are on stay of a complete investigation of the blackhole created to contain the Hobus Supernova."

Picard leaned forward on to his desk, raising his eyebrows as he spoke in soft, delicate tones.

"The USS Titan is in the area conducting diplomacy with the Romulan Empire and Admiral Janeway is set to join us aboard the Enterprise. This is all...quiet until the order is given. I'd highly recommend preparing the medical bay in case of any Romulan casualties we run into."

Jean Luc Picard sighed. Ambassador Spock was a dear friend. Picard's mind meld with Spock and his father had left a great many memories; as close to being a part of their family as possible. Not only was the loss of Spock weighing heavily on his mind but the loss of so many Romulans. The destruction of Romulus and Remus and billions of people. They had been one of the Federation's greatest enemies and now, after much diplomacy, negotiations, and talks, the Romulan Empire had been reduced to an infinitesimal size. Picard, who had been lost in his thoughts and stared away from Beverly, turned and gazed into her eyes. She knew him too well.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Beverly Crusher
 Posted: Oct 11 2014, 07:32 AM

Cadet
Group Icon

Ever the gentleman, was Jean Luc Picard, and Beverly smiled warmly as he stood. No matter how many times she told him that he didn't need to stand for her, still he continued.

Nodding, she took the proffered seat. Jean Luc's face looked pained and drawn, and Beverly knew that she had been right to seek him out. Sometimes, he had the habit of bottling things up until he exploded, and that wasn't good for anyone. Talking to someone would do him good.

Crossing her legs, Beverly laced her fingers in her lap, carefully regarding Picard as he talked. His voice seemed almost flat, and utterly official, as he began his explanation, but the emotion began to creep in within a sentence or two, and his voice softened out, betraying just how deeply he was feeling about all this.

"Understood," she replied, her own voice quiet and compassionate. There was bound to be a flurry of casualties, and she and her people would be ready to receive and treat them as best they could.

Jean Luc's sigh, though was telling, far more telling than his words, and, followed by his distant staring off into space, and Beverly knew that he was being far more deeply affected than he would likely admit to anyone, even to her. Perhaps to Deanna Troi, yes, but unlikely to anyone else. She knew that he and Spock and the Ambassador had been close since the mind meld, and she wondered whether any of that still remained, aside from the memories, whether Jean Luc had felt anything when Spock "disappeared". She leaned forward, her own hands clasped on the desk in front of her now.

"And what about you, Jean Luc? How are you feeling? How are you dealing with this?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jean Luc Picard
 Posted: Oct 12 2014, 12:36 AM

Group Icon

"Well," Jean Luc turned his chair and tapped his fingers on the desk. He looked back at Beverly. "The Romulan Empire was perhaps our greatest adversary, and yet we had established a diplomatic peace."

He inhaled and let it out slowly, continuing in a soft tone.

"However, their paranoia kept them from trusting Ambassador Spock and ultimately, sealed their own fate, it seems."

He paused and meditated a few moments on the situation before clearing his throat and standing. He adjusted his shirt with a brisk tug.

"I'm afraid that the remaining remnant of the Romulan Empire will reduce to nothing more than warring parties."

This time his voice deepened. It was a point to say that he didn't want to continue the talk anymore, especially not to address Spock's death. He turned and gave the stubborn grin that Beverly had seen a million times.

When Picard looked to Beverly his grin faded. The doctor looked up and beneath her red hair wasn't her own face, but that of a very familiar antagonist in Picard's life. He stepped back quickly, taken by surprise, but responded by stepping forward and shouting with a stren voice.

"Q!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Q
 Posted: Oct 12 2014, 12:37 AM

Cadet

Group: Admiralty
Member No.: 16

"Come give us a kiss, Jean Luc."

Q watched as Picard's face began to turn red.

"What's wrong? Didn't you miss me?"

Picard stepped back to his desk and sat down.
user posted image

"Before you even begin to question and lecture me, I'm not the cause of the Hobus exploding and destroying an entire civilization, barring a few barbarians."

Q, in over dramatic fashion, shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"For once can't you just trust me? After all the things I've done for you. I thought we were friends."

Q snapped his fingers and swapped Beverly's blue medical uniform for the command red he normally wore.

user posted image

He adjusted the outfit and smiled.

"That's better. Although I would make an excellent surgeon. Aren't you going to say anything, Picard? Very well. I am only the bearer of good news! Your dear friend Mister Spock is alive and well. Although obviously not here."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Jean Luc Picard
 Posted: Oct 12 2014, 12:38 AM

Group Icon

Jean Luc Picard, infuriated, held his temper at bay. He was a patient man and dealing with Q required every ounce. If Spock was alive then where was he? Q never answered anything directly, always dealing in riddles and games. At times those games were simply obtuse helping hands.

"What have you done with Beverly." Picard demanded.

He knew Q had no doubt placed Beverly back in Medical. There was always the possibility though that Q was up to something devious. It never escaped Picard's mind and while, as Q mentioned trust, he personally wouldn't have used that word to describe their...relationship.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Q
 Posted: Oct 12 2014, 12:38 AM

Cadet

"Oh mon capitaine! You wound me! The good doctor is fine."

Q snapped his fingers and Beverly Crusher appeared where she sat just moments ago, if but a bit disoriented.

"See? I told you so. She's fine. Much like Ambassador Spock, as I said. He's happily living back in 2265. Of course...that would mean that time may have been altered."

Q smiled and looked back and forth between Jean Luc and Beverly.

"Why so glum?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Jean Luc Picard
 Posted: Oct 13 2014, 06:48 PM

Group Icon

"Q! I demand to know this instant what you are up to!"

Picard shouted, once again on his feet, knuckles pressed firmly into his desk top. His face was lined heavily with a burrowed brow and pouting thin lips that formed when he was angry. Picard's eyes beaded up and he stared at the happy-go-lucky god-like Q. He looked to Beverly to see if she was okay. She was still in shock. Q had inhabited her, or at least displaced her and taken a form reminiscent of hers. It was always hard to say.

"What hand do you have in this?"

If Spock was alive the question was where. If Q was honest and Spock was in 2265 then all of history could be changed. Not only was time travel a violation of the Federation, but it was something that he now would have to consider the best course of action. Could they even tell if something had changed?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Beverly Crusher
 Posted: Oct 13 2014, 11:00 PM

Cadet
Group Icon

It took a few seconds for Beverly to get her bearings. She didn't really have any idea what had happened: one moment, she was in Jean Luc's ready room, the next... well, who knew where she was? It was all a bit of a jumble. She could still feel her body, just about, but it was as though something was separating her from her skin, and everything she could see was blurry.

Jean Luc was right there in front of her, looking at her, talking to her, but none of it made much sense. It was as though she was underwater, and the sound was as corrupted as her vision. The sensation lasted for only a minute or so, but it was long enough for her to become panicked. She tried to move, but nothing happened. Tried to speak, but her voice wouldn't come. Words that she wasn't saying sprang forth from her mouth, and she was close to screaming.

And then...

She was back.

"What the..." Beverly's voice was almost strangled, and she blinked a few times, finally meeting Jean Luc's eyes, which were full of concern. "I'm okay," she breathed, shaking her head, before turning to glare at Q. "What the hell did you do," she demanded. "How are you inhabit my body... or whatever you did with it. What gives you the right??

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Q
 Posted: Oct 14 2014, 01:05 AM

Cadet

Q delighted in watching Beverly Crusher become so appalled, so horrified that she stumbled to find the words to yell at him. He enjoyed tormenting people. Not in a psychotic manner, but more of a big brother type of way. A big brother that gladly embarrass his younger siblings in front of their friends.

Oh, but Beverly was a special case! After all this was Picard's special someone. Of course they had hidden it away, even after it was brought to light. They toyed with the idea. Never really allowing it to blossom into anything more than a simple, standard flower. What a waste. Humanity spent their entire lives fortifying their love for one another, finding their "soul mate" and then at the very pinnacle point they fail to make the commitment to advance. But had not that been their problem all along?

"Oh...sweet...doctor! What gives me the right?! I am Q! That's enough right for anything. But I did not come here to discuss my universal morality. I came to help you out, Jean Luc."

Q turned his attention away from Beverly and to Picard very methodically. And then, as he spoke the words, he turned back to look at Beverly, who he knew worried about Picard.

"Spock is alive. I expected you would delight in knowing such. After all, weren't you friends?"

Q turned and walked around the ready room for a moment. He checked his nails as he spoke.

"If you don't care I'll be on my way then. Kirk was way more intrigued and concerned when I talked to him."

Q turned to face the two again and raised his arm, preparing to snap his fingers and leave.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Jean Luc Picard
 Posted: Oct 14 2014, 01:13 AM

Group Icon

"Wait, Q." Picard was on edge. He looked at Beverly and then slowly tried to piece things together.

"If Spock is alive, as you say, what ramifications does that have on the timeline? If this is not some sort of trick, there is very little we can do against the Prime Directive to help Ambassador Spock."

Jean Luc wanted information. He was relieved to know Spock was alive, but concerned what it all meant. What was Q up to? He glanced over to Beverly and then walked around his desk. He felt guilty. After all the Romulan lives that were lost, it was Spock's that now took center stage. He felt as though dropping to knees and begging is what Q expected to act without a second thought. But that would sacrifice everything Picard stood for. There would have to be an excellent reason to go after Spock, despite reasoning and evidence.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Beverly Crusher
 Posted: Oct 14 2014, 11:17 PM

Cadet
Group Icon

Beverly fixed Q with a look that was dangerously close to a scowl. She had little patience for him, because every time he reared his ugly, pouting head, he brought nothing but chaos and mayhem, and seemed to delight in the disruption he caused. He had always been that way, and she doubted that he would ever change.

This time, though, his dirty tricks had gone a step too far.

"What did you do to me, Q," she asked, her voice icy cold, even as he called her "sweet doctor". Words were just that to Q: a tool which could be just as unsettling as his deeds. "You have no right at all to... to violate me like that." She looked to Jean Luc, wondering what she had missed while she had been... well, wherever Q had evicted her to. She was unsettled, to say the least, and wasn't about to let this one go easily.

However, her face drained of colour as Q spoke, and her eyebrows rose up her forehead. Beverly caught Jean Luc's eyes, and he looked every bit as surprised and trepidatious as she felt herself. "Q... why are you here? Telling us about Spock... that's only part of why you're here. You wouldn't come here just to give us a little nugget of news." She paused, looking across at Jean Luc for a second, nibbling with discomfort on a fingernail.

"What do you want from us?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Q
 Posted: Oct 16 2014, 12:01 AM

Cadet

Both Picard and Crusher couldn't help but spout their demands and thoughts out all at once. Q found it oh-so-amusing and clapped as he laughed. It only seemed to infuriate them even more, to which delighted him. Their barbaric demeanor was such a pleasure to watch in the face of their potential future. To think, one day, he could sit and poke fun at them for such trivialities.

"Oh puh-lease. The should-be-forsaken Prime Directive. What a bore. Any other time you'd throw caution to the wind! Run off and save dear old Spock, breaking the Prime Directive, and possibly humanities entire future. Of course, if you don't you may corrupt humanities past. Such a decision. I'm not envious of you Jean Luc. No, no. Not at all."

A grin plastered across Q's face as he searched for something, anything, from Picard or even that yak doctor, Crusher. Nothing.

"Oh come on! How often have I told you to broaden your horizons? What is it you humans say? Think outside the box. When will you ever learn? I feel like I have to guide you along and hold your hands."

Q shook his head and made a sound with his mouth.

"Such a pity. I almost feel sorry for you. The Continuum has tied my hands nearly. But..."

Q's smile widened again.

"Luckily for you, Jean Luc, I paid a visit to someone who cares little about Starfleet's Prime Directive. I'm sure he'll set things in motion. I was honestly never much of a fan but he seems to get things done. Tell Jim Kirk I said 'hello'."

Q laughed and snapped his fingers and disappeared in a flash.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
durgaprasadzone
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 09:01 PM

Cadet

Group: Members
Member No.: 24

Thanks. I was searching the same information since many months. Thanks for your hard work.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

original skin by Boleyn of RPG-Directory